Each winter we are very busy making improvements to the park and this year we have had a lot of projects on the go. Some things you will notice when you visit us this year, others are changes behind the scenes but will help us offer a better service by operating more efficiently. Read on to see some of the work that we have done:
- One of our main focuses this winter has been the WiFi on site. As many of you will already know, a couple of years ago we purchased a leased line from BT which gives us a huge amount of bandwidth to share to our customers on site but the problems we have encountered have been a) getting the signal out to all the fields and b) enabling people to log on to the WiFi. This winter we have invested in a large number of transmitters, bridges and aerials and we are endeavouring to get these into position (along with the necessary electricity supply!) ready for the start of the season. As you will see when you come to stay the password has changed for this year and is now ‘stowford2017’
- The pitches in the bottom half of field 1 that were closed last year have nearly been completed and are going to be new Premier pitches with hardstanding, water and drainage. They aren’t in use yet but as soon as they are ready to be used we will open them up and start booking them – if you want to get in early for these pitches then you can ring reception and put your name down on our list, that way when the pitches are released you will be among the first to be offered them.
- A big project has been in progress in our caravan workshop this winter: firstly some of our workshop ramps have been turned around to enable our technicians to work on more caravans at any one time. Also there is a new work area/drying room being constructed at the front end of the workshop shed near reception, which will have an entrance to the front of the building (this is where the road has been dug up in our arrivals area at the moment) Above this we will have lots of extra of storage space which will be helpful for us to keep our stock in.
- In the Caravan Accessory Shop we have totally revamped the main shop counter and display area behind the counter. The Aftersales office which is joined onto the Accessory Shop has been made much bigger, to allow for extra staff to work there in the future.
- We have done a lot of work on our Campervan workshop area in the shed beside reception so that we now have much better facilities for converting our VW Transporters into Campervans. This project has grown a lot recently – you can read more about the work we do at Stowford Campervans on our dedicated website www.stowfordcampervans.co.uk or our facebook page www.facebook.com/stowfordcampervans/
- The caravan sales office that was extended last summer has been completed and tidied up with a lick of paint. The display area was emptied out recently to enable us to survey the area for levelling – some blocks have been put in place so that we can start this work next winter.
- On the new site map you may have noticed an Outdoor Gym in the Outer Snow Close play field – this is a small addition of outdoor exercise equipment for ages 12+ including paired dip bar, step up ladder, pull and press bars, leg raise rack, parallel dip bars. This hasn’t been constructed yet but it should be in place around the end of April this year. We have also replaced the football goals and basketball posts with brand new ones – see picture (note the outdoor gym equipment waiting to be put in)
- We have planted over 2500 hedge plants this winter all over the site, mainly Hornbeam, Hawthorne and Beech. This creates natural habitats for wildlife, and they also create a natural shelter from the elements for us!
- There has been a new lodge arrive at Stowford during the winter – sorry this lodge has already been sold, but we have another show lodge on order which will be arriving in the summer.
- The shower blocks have all had their winter maintenance done, nothing major was needed this year but they have all benefitted from some TLC and a fresh lick of paint.
- In the woodland walk we have set up a new geocaching route for you to try! If you haven’t heard of this before then look for ‘geocaching’ online or call into the office to for more information.
In other news, you may have seen that we are now licensed to hold wedding ceremonies and receptions in the bar at Stowford and we have a few confirmed bookings already. To read more about our wedding packages then visit out wedding webpage here.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our round-up of the latest improvements and projects at Stowford. Don’t forget to sign up for our email newsletter to keep getting updates from us, or check out our facebook page www.facebook.com/stowfordfarm/