Update 31st October 2020:
The latest government announcement means that we will be required to close on 5th November. The nationwide lockdown also means that non-essential travel should be avoided and overnight stays and holidays away from your primary residence will not be allowed. We will endeavour to contact anyone with bookings with us, please email us on [email protected] if you have any questions as we may not be able to answer the telephone from 5th November onwards.
Update 15th October 2020:
The government have introduced new local restrictions for England with each area given a 'Tier' - please check to see which area you are in before you come on holiday to Stowford, and call us if you have any questions. Below is a summary of what the tiers mean:
If you live in an area with the lowest rates of infection - Tier One - the rules are similar to those that have already been in force across England
You can holiday anywhere in England that's also in Tier One
You can holiday with people from other households in private accommodation (as long as you socially distance), but only in groups of six and under (unless your own household or support bubble is bigger)
You can stay in a hotel or B&B with another household, but you should avoid sharing rooms with people outside your household
You should try not to share a vehicle with those outside your household or support bubble
People who live in Tier Two areas should aim to "reduce the number of journeys they make where possible" - according to the government
You can go on holiday outside your local area as long as you don't share accommodation with people you don't live or bubble with, or socialise with them in any indoor setting
People visiting a Tier Two area should follow the local Covid rules for that area
If you live in a Tier Three area you should avoid travelling outside of your local area - unless it's for work, education or caring responsibilities
People who live in Tier Three areas should not visit or stay overnight in another part of the UK, whether in a second home, a private home or guest accommodation. You may travel to hotels and other guest accommodation within your own area, but you should only do this with people in your household or support bubble
People from Tier One and Tier Two areas should avoid visiting or staying overnight in a Tier Three area where possible, except for those who need to for work, education or caring responsibilities
Update 1st August 2020:
As of today our indoor swimming pool is open - this will be for pre-booked sessions only and please note that our changing rooms and showers are not open so you will need to arrive pool ready, and return to your accommodation to change. Please see more info on our Swimming Pool webpage.
Petorama is now open, but our Barn bar, soft play area and games room will remain closed for the rest of the season.
Please see below for guidelines and information about procedures on site. If you are due to stay with us you will receive an email with important information a few days before arrival - please read this and remember that there is no need to check in at reception or pick up a window sticker.
Update 1st July 2020:
We are re-opening on 4th July - to ensure safety for our staff and customers we are planning a phased re-opening: 4th July for holiday home owners, holiday cottages and seasonal pitches, 11th July for our caravan storage customers, and then 18th July for touring pitches. Because of the pressure on our amenity blocks we are not accepting new tent bookings at present.
Please read below to find out changes we have made to ensure that Stowford is operating under the new government guidelines: if you are due to stay with us this summer then we ask that you follow all instructions carefully.
• You should not travel to the site if you, or anyone in your household, has COVID-19 symptoms.
• You must isolate and call NHS 111 if you experience symptoms of COVID-19 while you are staying on site - ensure you telephone our main office reception on 01271 882476 to report this as soon as possible.
• Social distance is to be maintained at all times from other Stowford customers and staff members. Children must remain supervised at all times, particularly in the amenity blocks and play areas.
• Please respect social distancing and use common sense when accessing shared electric boxes and when using taps.
• Please use contactless card payments wherever possible and avoid using cash.
• One-way systems may operate in some of our public areas to ensure social distancing can be complied with and hand sanitiser will be provided at entrances to buildings.
• Our amenity blocks will be open but due to the risks associated with using communal blocks we strongly recommend you use your own facilities where possible. When using our toilet/shower blocks please pay careful attention to markings and signage, and be aware that in addition to our main cleaning times there will be enhanced cleaning regimes and you may need to wait before entering.
• Please respect social distancing when using the laundry facilities, washing up areas, and shared electric and water points.
• Keep to paths and roads where possible and do not cut across pitches.
• Please enjoy the outside space Stowford has to offer – including the woodland walk, outdoor play areas and pitch and putt golf.
• Always follow the current government guidance on-site and in the local area.
Update 26th June 2020:
The latest government announcement has confirmed to us that we can start planning a phased re-opening of our caravan site. This is very exciting news, and requires us implementing new systems and procedures including but not limited to:
- Operating at a reduced capacity on our touring pitches, with contactless check-in.
- Limiting the number of people in our indoor facilities, and enforcing social distancing.
- Enhanced hygiene and cleaning routines - clear signage and one-way systems in our amenity blocks. (we strongly recommend using your own shower/toilet facilities wherever possible.
- Hand gel dispensers installed on entrances to buildings and around the site.
- Staff training to ensure safety in all departments on site.
Unfortunately our swimming pool and soft play area will remain closed at present but this will be reviewed when the government announce any changes.
Please be assured that before your holiday begins we will be in contact to explain the systems that will be in effect during your stay, and any restrictions to our facilities that may affect you. Due to the new operating procedures please be aware that there may be more waiting time in our shops, bars, shower blocks etc and we would ask you to remain patient and stay safe at all times.
Update 9th June 2020:
We have recently received the draft government guidelines regarding safe operating procedures on our site. We are considering this carefully and will be working hard to put together some information for all our customers to inform you of how we anticipate the site running, and which facilities we can open. We hope to be able to release these details within the next couple of weeks. For all of you with bookings in July, we are happy to extend the due date for your final payment until 14 days before arrival. We will be sending out information to all our holiday home owners, seasonals, storage customers and touring customers as soon as we are able to.
Update 26th May 2020:
Following on from our last update, we have been trying to plan ahead for the rest of the summer season using the little information we have from the government so far. As stated below we anticipate that caravan sites may be permitted to re-open in some capacity during early July. It is possible that the Government will insist on a phased re-opening (ie lodges and statics first, then self-contained caravans and motorhomes, and then tents). Due to social distancing many of our usual facilities may be unavailable - this includes the swimming pool, play areas, bars and entertainment, and shower blocks. Before opening we will be working hard to implement the necessary procedures to ensure the safety of our staff and customers. With this is mind we have temporarily suspended tent bookings for July and August until details become more clear. Please follow the link below to access our online booking system, and be assured that we will be aiming to open Stowford Farm Meadows as soon as we are able to.
Update 16th May 2020:
Following the latest government announcement it has been made clear that touring caravan and camping sites in England will not be able to open to the public until at least the 4th July. We will now be contacting all customers with bookings up until this date to give them the options of deferring their dates to later in the year or into 2021, or receiving a credit note to keep until ready to book again.
We all need something to look forward to, so we are still accepting bookings from 4th July onwards, but with the guarantee that if you need to change the dates due to Coronavirus then this is possible with no admin charges - your booking dates can be changed more that once if needed. We will closely monitor the situation and if we aren't able to open our site we will contact you to arrange new dates.
And we have opened up bookings for 2021 so you can also plan ahead and book your family holidays with us for next year!
Update 16th April 2020:
Stowford Farm Meadows is now closed until further notice. We are acting on current government directives and we would like to ask for your co-operation and patience during these times of uncertainty.
If you have a booking at Stowford before the 15th May we will be cancelling your booking and issuing a credit for you to use in the future. Please help us to ensure that Stowford can remain sustainable over the coming months and that our employees jobs are safe. In real terms, this means we are relying on our customers to accept a credit note from us - we really appreciate your support in this matter and hope you are looking forward to your next stay with us as much as we are!
***Please be aware that because the site is now closed we cannot arrange for any vans to be towed out of storage for you to collect and take off site - this is valid until further notice as we do not judge this to be essential travel***
Please keep an eye on our facebook page for up to date news.
Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.